Philly to Dallas to Brisbane to Melbourne.
I leave on July 16th and arrive on July 18th.
Dallas to Brisbane is the worst: I leave tonight and arrive in the early morning Wednesday. It is a sixteen-hour flight: the third longest flight in the world.
I have purchased four books for my shiny new Nook, one of those scary eye masks (refrained from buying the ones with a closed-human-eyes design on them), and Advil PM.
Other tips? How should I time my sleeping, if I can possibly sleep?
- m-a said:When I did about the same flight natural sleeping pills and it let me sleep for about 30 mins at a time. Lots of movies. :) Have fun!
- m-a likes this
- spramped said:Do kids these days even know who the Flintstones are?
- awayfromthesafeharbor said:Make sure you get up and walk around for a little bit on the plane. after 16 hours, your feet are going to look like giant inflated balloons.
- jumpingfeetfirst said:Look for MidNite at CVS. Really helps with jet lag and is an herbal way to fall asleep. Doesn’t last 10 hrs and leave you groggy so you can take them again if you wake up after 3 hrs and can’t fall back asleep. :)
- justinemdunn said:Teletransportation must be invented soon. Here’s hoping the people around you are small, non-snoring folk who don’t need the toilet too often. May the force be with you.
- cadyheron likes this
- littlelaur likes this
- stuft likes this
- stuft said:you’ll be breathing recycled air for 16 hrs+ & if there’s a germ on the plane it will find you. take airborne/zicam & use saline nasal spray to help keep germs at bay. by the time you get to Oz your body clock will be too confused for jetlag.
- adialogue likes this
- phillyfilly likes this
- rachelfershleiser likes this
- cats-books-donuts likes this
- kvknowsherfun likes this
- umcanyounot said:don’t be afraid to imbibe
- umcanyounot likes this
- lizmooremusic posted this